Councilman Smiley – Committed to Serving Wixom
It has been a privilege to serve my community on the Wixom City Council the past 4 years. I have done so by listening and working with our community members to maintain and improve our wonderful city of Wixom.
I feel strongly that supporting our Wixom police and firefighters is city council’s primary responsibility. A safe community is a strong community, and that helps attract development that is consistent with the character of Wixom.
During my first term, I have worked with fellow city officials for policies that make Wixom an efficient and cost-effective city:
- passed municipal ordinances and budgets
- made appropriations
- worked to lower local tax rates
- Voted for and passed bonding out long-term pension liabilities for city employees saving the city $2.5 million
- Moved the Rails to Trails program to the point where we are now in construction!
- Proposed and passed video recording of City Council Meetings
- Ongoing Enhancement and Development of Downtown
- Focus on Capital Improvement Planning – improve city roads and infrastructure and finding solutions to our growing traffic problems
- Complete the sidewalk network as soon as possible
Other Community Involvement:
- Director – Walled Lake Central High School Football Salute to Troops Game – 2017-present
- Board of Directors – Commerce Chargers Youth Football – 2011-present
- Board of Directors – Wixom Community Foundation – 2016-present
- Wixom Precinct Delegate – 2014-present
That is my commitment to Wixom and its residents – fiscally responsible, accountable, accessible, and transparent.
Please vote for Robert Smiley for Wixom City Council on your absentee ballot or at the polls on November 5th. Thank you!
Contact me at email@example.com.